Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 16 19-03-2008 , 01:09 PM
the ear could be a little bigger tooi think.not as big as your yoda's ears though.user added image

dp
# 17 19-03-2008 , 02:23 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
You could be right about the ears there dan, so i will look into that , but for now my small progress....

Attached Thumbnails
# 18 25-03-2008 , 11:55 AM
Been fiddling around with Indy some more, I'm not happy with the hat so i will probably redo it.
I've mad the ears a bit larger and placed them a little better.
C&C is welcomeuser added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 19 03-05-2008 , 11:41 PM
I haven't posted here for a while due to some hardware problems i had, which caused several maya shutdowns an hour.
But today everything worked again so here's my progress;

I've started with the body, i layed out uv's of the head and fiddled around in zbrush and i luckily picked it up in notime again (not that i am an ace brusher, now)
C en C is welcome off course

Attached Thumbnails
# 20 03-05-2008 , 11:43 PM
# 21 04-05-2008 , 03:29 PM
I tried painting the texture using the zprojectbrush today i had a hard time finding good refferencephoto's for the texture (front and side images which aren't overlit, or very tiny), so i had to rotate the model till it matched the refference photo.

C en C is welcome

Attached Thumbnails
# 22 20-06-2008 , 11:42 PM
Fiddled around with ZBrush some more and i have to say i think i have it right this time.
Let me know what you guys think.

I was also wondering how you paint textures in ZBrush, so that the color is 1 to 1 in photoshop/maya, it also seems that the color seem to differ when i switch materials in ZBrush(so when i choose pink as a color it can change a lot depending on the underlying material.

Attached Thumbnails
# 23 26-06-2008 , 08:52 AM
Choose something like the fast shader and then flood it white and go form there.

If you want to see the RAW clour without any of the material showing through theres a plain colour material (nest to the fast chader I think, that will show just the colour map.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 24 07-01-2009 , 05:17 AM
Well it's been awhile, but i didn't have the time to work on it (excuses, excuses)
i departed ZBrush for a while(love the program but somehow i can work a bit more accurate when in maya ) and i went back into Maya to work on the basemesh for a bit.
I also started modeling a church between refining indy and sleep user added image

I think i have the shape of his face right this time(nose needs some work aswell as his ears), but maybe a fresh pair of eyessay otherwise user added image

C and C is welcomeuser added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 25 07-01-2009 , 07:06 PM
Subscriber
hehe that eyebrow picture was just priceless, made my day user added image great work user added image

In Maya pigs can fly!
# 26 08-01-2009 , 04:01 AM
Yeah that eyebrow thingy is going to follow me for quite some time, i think :p

I have been tweaking some more today( see picture)

I also stumbeld upon something strange when i export the model as an OBJ and import it in to ZBrush somehow the mesh was different(i matched al the settings in Zbrush, camera lens focal length, image/documentsize), It looked like sort of a mix between the model and the UV map, maybe some of you guys have stumbeld upon this aswell otherwise i will post an example image tomorrow.

C and C is welcome user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 27 09-01-2009 , 02:45 AM
# 28 10-01-2009 , 07:00 PM
I think i got the shape of his face bang on now user added image

I saw an amazing Indy the other day on CG talk, absolutely superb texturing, to bad his upperface wasn't that good and the hat's a bit off but otherwise it would be him;

https://forums.cgsociety.org/showthre...hlight=indiana

Needless to say i don't go to CG Talk anymore, it's not good for my ego (LOL)

Attached Thumbnails
# 29 11-01-2009 , 09:25 AM
Its looking closer but the ear throws it off it looks stuck on rarther than organicly there.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 30 11-01-2009 , 02:24 PM
@gster;
" ...the ear throws it off it looks stuck on rarther..."

-that's probably because it wasn't attached yet at the timeuser added image

I've dabbed my hand in creating realistic textures today and this is the best i got out of it for today....

Attached Thumbnails