Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 25-05-2003 , 01:14 AM
Subscriber

WIP female

here is a female I have been working on for the past three weeks off and on when time has permitted. Maya 5, polys then converted over to sud-d's.

Thanks for your time,
Kassun

Attached Images
# 2 25-05-2003 , 01:19 AM
Looking HOT man!!!!

Keep at it when ya got the time!

(I don't have much time either, except for nights and weekends, so I know how that feelsuser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 3 25-05-2003 , 02:23 AM
Subscriber
ragecgi: it says your from Minnesota, I am in Duluth, where are u located at??

Kassun

# 4 25-05-2003 , 05:07 AM
Chanhassenuser added image

Pretty much 1 mile from Downtown Minneapolisuser added image

Cool, another Minnesotan.

My g/f and I are moving to either NY or LA next summer though.
There are just no jobs here at ALL for us creative typesuser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 5 25-05-2003 , 11:30 AM
Subscriber
nice start - the knees seam to be a bit off - maybe they need be a little bit higher. they just look strange right now

# 6 25-05-2003 , 01:54 PM
Very good! I don't know about the knees though. It just might be the reference he's using. Who knows. The feet look flat, IMO, but she could be flatfooted, so that's not really an issue either! What I really like is the proportions are real! No exaggerations on, well on her extremeties.

Any chance you would consider doing a time lapse of you modeling this? or better yet, show a wireframe! Good work, I'm very impressed. Now all she needs is a head and some clothes!

# 7 26-05-2003 , 07:42 AM
Subscriber
Thanks guys, this is my first female model so far, I finished up at the Renisance Center where 3dbuzz teaches so now I am back home working on my demo reel :banana: I'll have her head finished in a few days. I'll post the reference images up in a bit

wchamlet: how do you do a time lapse? what program?

Here are the wires,

Kassun

Attached Images

Last edited by kassun; 26-05-2003 at 07:46 AM.
# 8 26-05-2003 , 07:43 AM
Subscriber
a wire from the side,

Kassun

Attached Images
# 9 26-05-2003 , 08:53 AM
Excellent! Ze' sub-d's look like ze are perfect! heh...

There should be some freeware programs out there somewhere that you can find that allow you to capture video on your computer. Go to versiontracker.com, or better yet, let me go there for you: removed the link. I dunno wha this was but it wasn't what it's supposed to be LOL

OK, it's shareware, but there is probably a demo of it. I'm actually thinking of doing this too, who knows, maybe it'll even help yourself out as well.

Last edited by wchamlet; 26-05-2003 at 09:04 AM.
# 10 19-06-2003 , 04:22 AM
Subscriber
Here she is a month later and almost complete. I just need to add some hair, fix the creases in some areas and refine a few spots. I plan on using her for my demo reel. Comments and crits appreciated.

Thanks,
Kassun

Attached Thumbnails
# 11 09-07-2003 , 09:22 PM
Subscriber
Here are some screen caps and a quick render with a basic skin shader that I picked up from Highhend3d. I would apreciate some advice on creating hair. I have some nurbs curves in there for the moment, but aside from that I am not sure which direction to go in. I plan on unwraping her tomorrow and working on texturing. Are there any places that have hires pics I could use for reference?

Thanks for your time,
Kassun

Attached Thumbnails
# 12 09-07-2003 , 09:26 PM
Subscriber
head with nurbs, curves

Attached Thumbnails
# 13 09-07-2003 , 09:38 PM
well...I think you want to give her clothes later so why do you put that much details into the vagina and the breasts?
I mean...they look nice but why wasting your time with details you won't see later.

The rest is awsome. I love the details on the knee.

# 14 09-07-2003 , 09:41 PM
Subscriber
it is going to be a nude model for my demo reel user added image So detail is everything. I will have also have a few variations of her in clothes.

Kassun

# 15 09-07-2003 , 10:44 PM
Model´s looking very good mate!
Are you aiming for photorealism?

If so, look out for the knees, as they seem a bit either off -maybe the pattela bone a bit higher?- or too pronounced.
As per the arms, you should remember the shoulder blade actually rotates a bit higher when being held in the position your model is, which is why your shoulder should actually look a bit higher than it is now.

Hope you understand this,

Check out this thread to see what I mean about the arm being held aloft.