Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 106 28-09-2003 , 11:01 PM
The Maya Mountain
Tick tock, tick tock

user added image

C'mon, guys! Be a shame if no one finishes!

Hey, just a little preview, next month is an Animation Challenge. user added image Hope it works out. Maybe we'll start having more out of the ordinary challenges like this "Real World" and next "Animation" challenges..

# 107 29-09-2003 , 09:11 PM
Subscriber

Scraggy weeps

Sorry to let you all down after helping me so much, but textures had(have) me stuck in my tracks, but have only just found out about "normals" oops - no wonder wierd things happened - lol
Am starting to (hopefully!) put the bits together, but since getting a book and looking through the S.M. VTM's again - I realise now I have been doing it all wrong...
I'm not going to finish it, because even if by some miracle I did texture it, then the poly's are all messed up (Normals) for a game to work... Anyways if the saying that "You learn from your mistakes" is true, Then WoW! I'm a Maya Master - lol" [I seriously doubt that expression nowadays..... user added image ]
Good luck to all that are entering, and thanks for all help... user added image

Hmmm, animation huh?
Regards all, Scraggy

# 108 30-09-2003 , 09:41 PM

Yikes!!

Animation eh?
I've been away from this community for a couple of months and my how things have changed.

Glad to see Mike is playing a major role in the simply community.

Maybe I will give Octobers challenge an honest try.

Cheers!

Tony.

# 109 30-09-2003 , 10:23 PM
Animation challenge is going to be cool....

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 110 01-10-2003 , 04:43 AM
The Maya Mountain
Yeah, it hopefully will be. user added image

ATTENTION!

The Real World Challenge is coming to a close! Remember, you have until midnight at your respective location. As of my personal watch, it's now Sept. 30th at 11:30pm.

As some of you may have heard from other threads, I'm currently in the middle of crunch time at work, so it's very possible that winners will not be able to be announced until late on Oct. 1st. Don't worry. user added image In addition, over the next couple days, I'll do my best to offer all of the finishing contestants a personal critique, whether or not they won. My biggest hope is that everyone learned something from this. Perhaps we can try again in the near future!

Also, I hope everyone is prepared for something different for next month, as we're going for an Animation challenge!

Details to come shortly.