Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 46 23-10-2003 , 09:15 PM

Originally posted by Emo
I'd say something but this thead would be closed user added image

-Emo

Lol, don´t have those powers anymore mate. user added image

# 47 23-10-2003 , 09:18 PM
Subscriber
hehehe.. I'm not scared of you or anything :p

nah.. I just dont think we need to get this much into detail (what I was gonna say) user added image

-Emo

# 48 23-10-2003 , 09:24 PM
Lol, ok .. let´s keep discussing Darkware´s celibacy and sudden urge to be with Maya at all times .. user added image

Just joking dude user added image

# 49 23-10-2003 , 10:16 PM
Subscriber
Well, in all truthfullness, I'm sort of getting tired of debating this. I've said what I have to say and like I stated a few posts back, I'm not going to change. I really don't have much else to say.....

Also, my "sudden" urge to always work with Maya is not exactly "sudden." I've been working with it non-stop for a very long time now, so I highly doubt this is some little phase I'm going through. It's been this way for a while now. I have ALWAYS been the type to stay focused on a specific thing as well, so wanting to always do the same thing for extended periods of time is in my blood.

If you all ReAlLy intruely want to hear more, you're going to have to wait until I get a problem fixed with my browser/computer. You can look in the technical issues board to see my thread. Basically, I'm having a LOT of trouble with vBulliten forums and coming to SM is not very fun b/c of it.

# 50 25-10-2003 , 12:34 AM
OK, you thought it died( the thread), BUT IT DIDN'T!!

There is more than you have ever dreamed. user added image

Now, I present: the release you've all been anticipating:

Perfect Breakup Letter 1.1!

this is for if you are a cat and you want to break up with your human. it is in haiku form- the first stanza was written by my freind Nick Urman, the rest by me.

You did not feed me

I will sleep on your face now

see how you like that.

I am still not fed

I will now dismantle birds

and strew them around.

claw sheaths in the couch

think that is an accident?

Better feed me quick!

My claws are too dull.

water-bed will sharpen them

oops! should have fed me.

# 51 25-10-2003 , 01:10 AM
carrrot: MEOW!

Adl: Configure the background as green, get one girl home "as reference" and once you both get "relaxed" go back to maya user added image

Darkware: Hope you achieve hapiness one day... whatever hapiness means to you...

Eva Mendes: (auto censored)user added image

# 52 25-10-2003 , 04:44 AM
Subscriber
guess what? I'm interested in a girl. I like her and recently found out she likes me. Things seem to be working out fine. We went out around 9 pm tonight to get ice cream all the way in town. Mmmm she smelled so good, too. In the past few days, we've been talking online non-stop. I mean hours upon hours. We have so much in common.

We confronted a few problem areas between the two of us and solved them quickly because we were so blunt with our feelings about the subjects. Seems to work out pretty well that way. The only thing we are really worried about now is college. I'll be leaving in 7 months to go to an art institute out of state and she'll probably be going to a college soon as well. How on earth do you hold a relationshi together if you can't even see each other? This makes it extremely easy for her to be tempted by other guys. Should I go ahead and take the risk and date her or wait 7 months when I'm in my school to see how things roll?

*sigh* I just know I'm going to be hurt at the end of this.....

# 53 25-10-2003 , 04:54 AM
Congrats, man! if you really feel that way you just have to flow with it and trust her. I'm sure everything will work out allright.

Welcome to the good side of the real world! user added image

# 54 28-10-2003 , 12:26 AM
Subscriber
I'm not trying to reserect this thread or anything, but HotDiggidyDog relationships are a lot of work! So far, we've had a bunch of problems since she's worried about me leaving her when I go to college and whatnot, but have worked hem out at the same time. Jees o pete, this is a bumby ride.

Is it really worth this much work? I mean, for all I know she could just be using me. Do you know how much time I've lost in Maya so far? I'm behind one project already! I'm supposed to be modeling a '92 Buick for this guy and am not even halfway done with it! I feel as though if I don't spend enough time with her, she'll think I don't like her anymore. Garr!!!! *beats his head upon his monitor* This is so difficult.....

# 55 28-10-2003 , 03:53 AM
First off I understand how you feel Darkware, you may not be the most popular kid at school, or may have problems fitting in… so to compensate, you try to become some sort of a 3d master.

You have a huge fear of girls cheating on you, but that’s a reflection of your own self worth. So what if a girl decides to leave you for someone else? You should be able to find someone else? ….Right? This leads me to my next point… Going out with friends and talking to girls should not be an “investment” of some sort. Don’t think of it as wasting time.. do it for yourself, and if you meet a girl that likes you and has the same interests as you have, so be it. user added image

# 56 28-10-2003 , 10:39 PM
Subscriber
ahhh you hit the nail on the head with "me wanting to become a 3d master" to compinsate for other areas I lack certain needed characteristics. I'm not good at relationships, I'm not good at talking, I'm not good at school clubs, I'm not good at anything that has to do with socializing (save internet message boards and answering the many IM's I get about Maya from newbie's) so I have channeled all my time into what I know I am good at - Maya.

I guess I had gotten into such a nice flow that I didn't want to risk messing it up or wasting time. All I hear from 3D people is "always generate a nice portfolio for the company you want to work at." It seems imperative now that I do this to the best of my ability so ensure that I actually am able to get a 3D job. I guess it's the fear of NOT getting a job that has been driving me.

BUT, like I said, I'm taking a chance here with this girl. We have talked so much about so many things, working out so many problems between us, and discovering new things about each other. I've always sort of liked her ever since we met, so it's not like this is sudden either. I'm still a little ansy about some things, but I hope and pray everything works itself out for the good of our relationship.

Wish me luck.

# 57 29-10-2003 , 12:33 AM
user added image

# 58 29-10-2003 , 01:41 AM
Subscriber
# 59 29-10-2003 , 10:09 PM
user added image

# 60 30-10-2003 , 08:58 AM
carrot: goodside? there are no sides user added image

my guidelines in my life:

- Do what it is that your heart truely wants to do, and you will be happy..

If right now a girlfriend is not part of that plan in your heart, IT IS OK..But just dont say that it will NEVER be part of the plan..

Life is full of many unexpected things..

LauriePriest: I know its not that hard to get in a job as a 3d artist, but some people are working on Maya 24/7 because they WANT to become better than everyone else (who doesnt? and if no one does, no one will ever improve!).

Right now for me, the only thing in my heart is becoming very very VERY good with Maya.

I have moved away from California and left all my friends and even alot of possible girlfriends, just so I can concentrate on Maya here at my parents house in Washington State.

Im not gonna lie and say I dont regret moving because I somewhat do..I say that because I dont regret anything, things happen for a reason and there is almost always a lesson to be learned. Although sometimes I do think and go '*sigh* why did i move, now i miss her..damnit f*cl shit motherf*ckerjsdpasjdpjasds stoopid fat hobbit me'....BUT it goes away right away when I see my Maya screen because I remember what it is I really want to achieve..

Knowing how focused I am with Maya right now, if I meet a girl up here in Washington and start getting that butterfly feeling my stomach and tinkly feeling in my heart, im not gonna hesitate and just let it go because if I feel something for the girl, im gonna go for it...THEN I would have 2 things I love to do in my heart, the girl + my Maya...After all, I felt something in my heart for Maya and I went for it, and that is the very reason why I dropped out of college..and look how happy I am now user added image

<a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16675">May/June 2005 Challenge Entry</a>

Last edited by orgeeizm; 30-10-2003 at 09:03 AM.