Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 31-03-2005 , 07:42 PM

Maya 4.5 help!!!

At work we have Maya 4.5 complete. Working fine yesterday. Last night I turned off the machine and went home. Today I turned on machine, opened Maya and the script editor popped up with this error message:

// Error: file: /Applications/Maya 4.5/Application Support/scripts/startup/layerEditor.mel line 127: Could not find condition or event named "NewSceneOpened" //

The program doesn't open at all just the script editor.

After putzing around I reinstalled Maya and when I open it now I get the above message as well as the following 2:

// Error: file: /Applications/Maya 4.5/Application Support/scripts/startup/autoLoadPlugin.mel line 7: Plug-in, "3dsImport.lib", was not found on MAYA_PLUG_IN_PATH. //

// Error: file: /Applications/Maya 4.5/Application Support/scripts/startup/autoLoadPlugin.mel line 7: Plug-in, "fbxmaya45.lib", was not found on MAYA_PLUG_IN_PATH. //

We didn't renew the maintenance agreement after the year was up when we first bought it 2 years ago. I wasn't here at that time. Alias wants $149.00 usd. to let me tell them my dilemma. I hope someone can help because I have deadlines . Thanks

# 2 31-03-2005 , 09:19 PM
Subscriber
Do have another machine you can install Maya on? Just to see if it's a software or hardware issue?

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 3 31-03-2005 , 10:12 PM
Our licence is only for the machine it is presently installed on. I would have to et a new licence from Maya to run it on another machine and they probably would'nt give me one because they would think I was trying to run a second version of Maya without paying for it.

# 4 31-03-2005 , 11:36 PM
Subscriber
try back up your old prefs then delete or rename them,
then restart maya, it will start with the default prefs and set up.

# 5 01-04-2005 , 12:24 AM
Can you tell me where the user prefs are in a mac? I know where they are in a PC, but I can't find them in a MAc.

# 6 01-04-2005 , 02:41 AM
Subscriber
sorry, i dont know it in macs

# 7 01-04-2005 , 03:14 PM
I found the preferences and I deleted them but still no go.

I'm stumped.