Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 22-03-2007 , 09:03 PM

Having trouble with image planes

Hi,
I'm new to Maya, and the first thing I can't figure out is image planes for reference in modelling a car. I have not had problems with other images that are the same height, but the image for the front view of the car is larger than the others as it is not as wide as the side view. Just depends how far I am zoomed in in the front view when I create the image plane. Is there an easier way to keep all the images the correct size? Any input would be much appreciated.

Regards,

# 2 22-03-2007 , 10:07 PM
Lifetime Member
Open the images ina 2d photo app like photoshop and check the sizes, then create a polygon plane using the option box next to the primative the same ratio as the image i.e if the image is 1024 x 512 create a plane 10.24 x 5.12, the4 image will then fit the plane without stretching. Once you have the planes the right aspect you can scale them up equally to any size you need.

Last edited by jsprogg; 22-03-2007 at 10:09 PM.
# 3 23-03-2007 , 12:28 AM
Subscriber
remember, if you use a poly plane.., get rid of the sub-divisions, you only need the sides, (as one whole face)

user added image

take it easy and life will be easy
# 4 23-03-2007 , 09:44 PM
Sweet,
It worked. Thanks for the tip guys.

Cheers,