Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 03-02-2008 , 10:48 PM

Gallery Submission - MONSTER ANIMATION

I completed this short animation for the E4 ident competition. The creature was losely based on the Rancor for Empire Strikes Back. I used Maya, Zbrush and Shake and it took me a little over a month to finish. Have a look and let me know what you think...

https://www.davidjohnsonanimation.co.uk/e4/e4.html

The idents been picked for the final, so if you do like it and have the time to register me a vote, that would be grand. If you,ve any techy questions let me know and I'd be happy to answer them.

Take it easy People and Back the Beast!

Attached Images
# 2 04-02-2008 , 07:05 PM
Subscriber
i like it alot! ypu got my vote. if i had known about this before i would have done something for it.

where did you get the idea from?

"You won't get anything done by planning" - Karl Pilkington
# 3 04-02-2008 , 09:41 PM
Cheers Wod

Guess the ideas not a million miles from your quote...I wanted to do something creature based and irreverent. Loved the scene from the Incredibles with Mr Incredible driving his under-sized car, Brandon' bike ride in the Goonies, the cranes that litter the Shepherds Bush skyline, old monster movies. Put it in a pot, came up with this.

Competition runs every couple of years, the briefs really open, it's a good opportunity to get your work on TV.

# 4 05-02-2008 , 01:36 AM
nice animation and quirky idea yohnson01, well done user added image

Simon

Examples of bTraffic - a traffic animation tool for Maya
bFlocking - a tool for Maya 8.5+ to generate flocking and swarming behaviours
Jan/Feb Challenge 2007 Entry and W.I.P
May/Jun Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Mar/Apr Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Jan/Feb Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Nov/Dec Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Sep/Oct Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Jul/Aug Challenge 2005 Entry
www.flash-fx.net
# 5 07-02-2008 , 06:34 PM
ha ha - excellent - really liked this a lot - especially how the wheels on his bike lifted off the ground as he went round and round. good job mate! user added image