Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 19-03-2008 , 03:44 PM
Subscriber

convert to nurbs...

okay, i don't really what i'm doing and i switched from nurbs to polygon to subdiv a few times and now i'd need to intersect 2 surfaces to get a section of my object and it seems that the intersect surfaces in the edit nurbs menu is the way to go. the only thing is, i can't convert my surface back to nurbs now and i don't really know why... anyone who could help?
thanks!

Attached Files
File Type: mb sensuouscinema2.mb (221.9 KB, 169 views)
# 2 19-03-2008 , 05:37 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
what you believed to be subd's are in fact polygons.
What are you trying to create btw, because i didn't see anything in it, i hope this solves your problem now.

# 3 19-03-2008 , 06:57 PM
Subscriber
yeah, i figured it was polygons in the end, so i converted it to subdiv to bring it back to nurbs to intersect the surface with a plane, but somehow the nurbs surface i got was in fact hundreds of little surfaces. so, back to where i started, i can't intersect it.
and believe it or not, this, will turn into a building. somehow.

# 4 19-03-2008 , 07:11 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
If you want my honest opinion.... start over rough out the building first and once your happy with the rough start refining it.....
this is fruitless because you have to move to much poly's around.
Either way i wish you luckuser added image