Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 19-09-2008 , 03:34 PM

anyone know hair?

So I'm just trying to figure out Maya's hair systems. What I'm trying should be easy, but I can't get it right.

I need to create a steel cable that snaps at it's base and flops around. Pretty easy to get it close to working, but a few issues. My cable was acting all stretchy. I tried increasing the stiffness, but that seems to affect the amount it bends, but it still streches like a bungie chord. My length flex is set to 0.

The obvious thing to do seems to turn on no stretch, but when I do, the hair no longer stays locked (constrained) at the tip. I tried using the Point Lock settings on the follicle, and creating a stick constraint. It's clearly attached at the tip and keeps trying to get back there, but doesn't stay locked.

Anyone know how to lock the hair ends to a point?

Thanks.