Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 09-05-2009 , 08:35 AM
Level 32 pachyderm

keying an object that is already influenced by an expression

I started on a little animation for my B movie idea
Im using a expression to make the spaceship rotate but I also want to attach it to a curve, yet it says I cant because rotateY already has another influance. Is there anyway I can achieve this?

# 2 09-05-2009 , 02:25 PM
Subscriber
I presume you want your spaceship to rotate Y (from your expression) whilst using a curve as a motion path?

You will need to first apply the motion path, which will turn your translates and rotates in the channel box to yellow to show they are effected. Right click on the rotateY in the channel box and select 'break connections', this will turn it back to white, now you can apply your expression to rotateY. Whilst still having the other rotates be affected by the motion path so you can use banking and such.

Chris

# 3 09-05-2009 , 02:44 PM
Level 32 pachyderm
# 4 09-05-2009 , 04:42 PM
Level 32 pachyderm
Another small problem
Because the UFO is spinning around it is completely messing up the bank, making the UFO go all over the place, is there any way to fix it?