Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 13-03-2004 , 04:19 AM
Subscriber

How do you add "edit points" to a curve?

You can right-click a curve and select "Edit Point" to view the points of a curve. (not the same as vertices remember...) Is there any way to add a point to a curve in a specific place or at least add many points uniformally to the entire curve yet keep the EXACT original curvature?

Reason I'm asking is because I created a curve from an isoparm of a surface, need to cut it in a specific place, yet still need it to line up perfectly with the surface edge I duplicated it from. None of the current edit points are where I need to cut the curve, hence why I would like to add one.

Last edited by Darkware; 13-03-2004 at 04:22 AM.
# 2 13-03-2004 , 04:31 AM
The Maya Mountain
Right click and select Curve Point. You can then pick any point on the curve as a point of detaching or whatnot.

# 3 13-03-2004 , 04:35 AM
Subscriber
Ahhhh.... in all the tutorials I have gone through online, all have said to detach or delete portions of curves by selecting "edit points" so that's why I figured I had to add more. Guess I just got that so embedded into my head that I forgot that "curve points" were used for more than just adding extra knots to your curve. lol

Thanks a lot Mike.