Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 13-04-2004 , 03:01 PM

Problem with UT 2004 Maya PLE Plugin

Hello everyone,

I'm new in 3D Modelling. Anyway, I built some nice vehicles with Maya PLE 5.0 (thanks to the VTMs on the UT 2004 Bonus Disk).
Now I want to export them into the UnrealED.
I installed the UT 2004 Plugin for Maya PLE that was delivered on the UT DVD. user added image

The Problem is, that I don't see any Register Page for exporting anything from Maya into the UnrealED like they have one in the VTMs. user added image

Now I want to know if anybody has the same problem or if someone knows how to activate this Register Page.

cya, Kaoru

# 2 13-04-2004 , 04:36 PM

Hey

Hey I bought the same special edition and i wanted to make some vehicles too.... im a real beginner to maya....i have created a level for UT2004 which came in those video tutorials but that was with the unrealed...i just need to find a way to become more familiar with the maya program..i have some great ideas its just that i dont know where everything is in maya... help would be greatly appreciated...havent really used it that much but im goin to learn it in college in a couple months and i wanted to get a head start. if u want we can try to help each other out. do u have aol messanger? because i would like some help if u wouldnt mind. thanks!

Last edited by Unreal_Cruelty; 13-04-2004 at 04:44 PM.
# 3 16-04-2004 , 03:32 PM
Hi

I think you have to go to Windows> Plugin Manager....and load the UT plugin...

BTW I dont have the plugin for UT and I'm interested to build a level and imported to UT is there a way to download that file?

If you can Imagine, Draw it, if you Draw it, Animate it, then it becomes a Masterpiece.....
# 4 20-04-2004 , 01:25 AM
Subscriber
im assuming ur all talking about the actorx plugin?
what you do is download it (from epic), or get it off the dvd, copy it into ur scripts directory

then in maya open up the plugins manager and autoload the actorx plugin u just installed

to run it, go to the command line and type axmain

that should do the trick user added image

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 5 22-04-2004 , 07:33 PM
thanks man!!!

If you can Imagine, Draw it, if you Draw it, Animate it, then it becomes a Masterpiece.....
# 6 22-04-2004 , 07:39 PM
BTW what if i want to do a level? I mean i want create a new table for example : a 2 floor from a building...is this posible?

Actox is for characters....

thanks in advance!