Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 21-02-2007 , 02:43 PM

Fluffy? (but not too fluffy)

What's the best way to make a safe fluffy appearance for a character in Maya?

I ask because I've made an animal character but it looks awful with no fur but I don't really want to venture into the fur side of things as it slows everything down and likelyhood is will cause things to crash (or at least it has if ever I've played around with it)

Any safe/minimal slightly fluffy suggestions?

(be gentle, I'm still fairly useless when it comes to maya!)

# 2 21-02-2007 , 05:23 PM
Subscriber
Me and a some other students made THIS site for a university module last semester.

It covers the basics of hair and fur via video and written tutorials.

I don't think that you'll get anything as convincing as using fur without using the same amount of processor power and a lot more effort. The main thing is that you need to UV map your character before you apply fur otherwise it won't attach evenly.

I hope you can find something to help you in the minisite, it's pretty straight forward. If you've any queries I'll be happy to try and answer them.

Take it easy,

Mat.

# 3 21-02-2007 , 05:49 PM

Originally posted by happymat27
Me and a some other students made THIS site for a university module last semester.

It covers the basics of hair and fur via video and written tutorials.

I don't think that you'll get anything as convincing as using fur without using the same amount of processor power and a lot more effort. The main thing is that you need to UV map your character before you apply fur otherwise it won't attach evenly.

I hope you can find something to help you in the minisite, it's pretty straight forward. If you've any queries I'll be happy to try and answer them.

Take it easy,

Mat.

Oh wow thanks mat, that does look like a good site!! shall give it a good looking over! thank you very much for that!!

# 4 21-02-2007 , 06:18 PM
Subscriber
No worries,

Mat.