Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 04-03-2008 , 06:49 PM
Subscriber

new pc rig

i have to upgrade my pc cause it is having issues with a full scene of maya ...I am looking for a rig that will roll threw the whole maya file and not choke up going in and out. it is slow and rotating it ..OMG ...so slow ..

if someone has specs for there pc it would help ..

i have not gotten into rendering yet but would like too ...so any help there would be good

my current specs

amd x2 2.5
3 gigs ram
ati x1300 256 mb card

this maya scene file is a car and high poly and i try to do anything and slow motion but if i hide layers on most of it and model a piece at a time something gets done ..but sometimes i like to see whole thing and not go at a snails pace

# 2 04-03-2008 , 08:06 PM
It sounds like you are looking for a way to display dense polygon meshes in near real-time?
You might want to look at dual SLI, as I believe that would go far to help you with the geometry handling in the viewport.
....I could be wrong tho...

My hardware guy has been building my rigs for me for more than 10 yrs, but here is my current NewEgg wish list for the rig I am getting in the 14th:
(note, the video card is cheap, but it's the same production-proven card in use by my friends at Rainmaker Visual Effects user added image
https://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion...itle=rageBoxv2

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com