Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 29-04-2009 , 06:20 PM

Please help: Failed to load python initialization scripts

Hey Guys,

Long time reader first time poster. Love your work.

I'm experiencing an immediate failure message in the output window of Maya 2009, when I load a scene, which says :

"Failed to load python initialization scripts.: (kFailure): Unexpected Internal Failure"

Which seems to repeat a few times more as well.

Then when I go to create a camera there is a fatal error and the application crashes. This is most disconcerting as I am using my buddy's system to learn Maya 2009 while he is on location. I am unable to contact him for at least two months but from what I can gather these are his system configurations:

running an Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 (Conroe), 4 gigs of - OCZP800R22 DDR2 , On an Asus P5K Platinum MoBo, Windows XP Pro Ver. 2002 / Service Pack 3, Two (2) - Western Digital 250 Gig internal drives with the first one partitioned as (C) drive for system, (D) drive for media/programs and the second drive (E) set for media/programs. Maya 2009 is installed on (E).

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am really psyched to use the native Stereoscopic functions I saw demonstrated at NAB this year

With a handshake in mind
user added image

# 2 29-04-2009 , 09:18 PM
Subscriber
It sounds like he has a python scripted pluginfailing on launch, check in the plugin manager for any plugins ending with the name .py ( as opposed to the C++ '.mll' ones). Any .py ones are python files that may have errors in them. Try unloading them and then restartng Maya.

Let us know how it goes

Chris

# 3 29-04-2009 , 10:57 PM

Failure to load

Thanx so much Chris,

I am having a hard time locating the Plugin Manager file. What path should I follow to find it if it is in the place that it should be?

Daviduser added image

# 4 29-04-2009 , 11:22 PM

failure to load(Cont.)

Ok Chris,

I just realized that when I try to load the Red Wagon Scene from the Lynda.com tutorial it causes the "Failure to load.." message in the output window AND an error message in the info box to the right of the MEL script box, at the bottom of the screen, that says; "#Error: No Module named stereo."

Since there is a whole slew of .py files in the Stereo folder @

(E:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2009\Python\lib\site-packages\maya\app\stereo)

do you think it is one of those? Or is it actually some module which allows for Stereoscopic support in the first place? That would be bad, I think.

With another handshake in mind,

David

Last edited by dmgreenw; 29-04-2009 at 11:32 PM.
# 5 30-04-2009 , 06:35 PM
Subscriber
The plugin manager is under 'windows' > 'settings/preferences' > 'plugin manager'.

As for those stereo related .py files they shouldn't be the problem. Check which .py files are in the plugin manager first.

Chris