Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 24-07-2004 , 02:58 PM

UNION problems with a new cartoon dog tutorial

I´m having some problems with the new cartoon dog tutorial. When I try to union first leg and the body there are a few problems
1. all body converts to a few polygons and closes the leg
2. both the leg and the body disappear
I had no problems while union tail, body, head and neck, what should I do, help !!!!!
I took some pictures

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 24-07-2004 , 03:20 PM
Hello... make sure that you normals on the body and leg are all facing the same way (outward) then try again...

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 3 24-07-2004 , 10:15 PM
It is ok now, i modeld the legs again, but now i have a problem with converting polygons to subdivisions, here is the text from the
script editor:
"polyToSubdiv -ap 0 -ch 0 -aut off -maxPolyCount 1000 -maxEdgesPerVert 32 |polySurface12|polySurfaceShape14;
// Warning: Nothing is selected. Select objects or components to delete. //
// Error: polyToSubdiv1 (Poly To Subdiv Node): One or more edges is nonmanifold.
// Nonmanifold geometry cannot be converted to a subdivision surface.
// To clean up nonmanifold edges, use Polygons->Cleanup with the nonmanifold option. //
// Error: Command polyToSubdiv failed. Open Script Editor for details. //
"
my model is perfectly cleaned up !
i dont know what this word means "nonmanifold"

# 4 24-07-2004 , 11:00 PM
Go to polygons> clean up> option box.. in the option box click on nonmanifold option beside other.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 5 25-07-2004 , 11:24 AM
Thanks Kurt