Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 20-08-2004 , 07:05 AM

which Video Tutorial

Hi I'm new to this site and I wanna ask you something about those video tutorials,
I'm looking for a video tutorial where I get the workflow from nurbs to poly to subd (well there are some on this site) but I'm also looking for some high detail modeling, so which tutorial is good for that aim??
it seems that the olifant one looks best to me..is it high detail?? or are there outher high detail tuts??
and is there a textuting tut about the olifant coming??

thanks a bunch for your help

# 2 20-08-2004 , 07:22 AM
Kevin
Yes the Oli has what you need - including the high detail or infact the TREX dvd might be more fun to do (depending on what you like) The Rex ships on the 31st August.

Also the texturing for both the Oliphant, T-REX MECH and TREE FROG are in the pipeworks user added image We

Many thanks

# 3 20-08-2004 , 11:34 AM
thanks

are there any wires I could see for those models??

which one has higher detail the oli or your new trex??

# 4 20-08-2004 , 11:41 AM
Kevin
hmmm maybe the OLI - Ill ask Kurt to give his opinion user added image

# 5 20-08-2004 , 12:58 PM
They are both about the same the oil has a bit more detail because of the tent on his back.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 6 22-08-2004 , 02:16 PM
which one of those explains it in more depth or are they about the same??

will there be a texturing and rigging part for both??

# 7 22-08-2004 , 03:00 PM
Most of the tuts are done using the same technique for the vip tuts. The skelly man and oliphant are pretty detailed.

Both parts show the same process it comes down to weather you want to do a human or a creature....

The dvd salso are pretty detailed and will be having a texturing for both pyro man and the t-rex. There is also a animation dvd in the works for the t-rex.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 8 25-08-2004 , 06:42 AM
ok thanks...
will there be also a texturing tutorial for the oli?

if you know how to model a creature, is then easier to apply zour techniques to a human or vs versa??