Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 28-08-2005 , 04:46 PM

Blend shape elp please!

I am in the middle of rigging a characters face, i have encountered a problem when it comes to applying blendshapes user added image

I have 3 head shapes as in the picture below, the one on the left is tthe one i am rigging, i have painted all skin weights on him and i have a slider to open/close his mouth and it looks pretty good. However when i come to apply a blend shape for the OOh or smile shape faces whn the blend shape value increases, the rigging head moves either up and down or left and right I can't understand why this would happen. I have tried deleting history on the main face and re-rigging it but the problem still arises

I tried setting a blend shape between the other two heads, and it works fine! which is really annoying! i just can't get the blend shape to the rigged head working properly without the head moving to a different location

PLEASE help!!!! been bugging me all day!!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Attached Thumbnails

Professional Noob

MSN me
# 2 28-08-2005 , 04:53 PM
heres a picture of the problem, the blenshape works, but the head moves as well user added image

Attached Thumbnails

Professional Noob

MSN me
# 3 03-09-2005 , 07:15 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Its because the head is bound to the skin so you are getting a double transformation. Do the blend shapes first then apply the bind, if you are using smooth skin, which I hope you are in this case then save out the weight map then you can just load it in after to save re painting weights after.

Cheers
Jay

# 4 03-09-2005 , 07:17 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
If the problem still persists send me the scene.

Jay

# 5 04-09-2005 , 12:16 AM
Subscriber
dont freeze transform on your blendshapes.