Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 11-09-2005 , 05:56 AM

scene modeling..

im tired and didnt search through forums, but how do you model a scene like a room and such, im trying to learn how to do that but dont know where to start :s so any tips would be lovely user added image ty

# 2 11-09-2005 , 01:28 PM
Technical Director
start with a cube and work from there user added image

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 3 11-09-2005 , 01:37 PM
start how? i dont know how to start lol are there any tutorials that help with starting scenes?

# 4 11-09-2005 , 03:32 PM
like he said, start with a cube.go to create polygone cube and you have the begining of your scene.

# 5 11-09-2005 , 07:43 PM
Subscriber

# 6 11-09-2005 , 09:17 PM
i dont think he need to have a tut to understand how to begin a scene.modeling a scene is much easier than modeling stg organic.keep it simple for your first try and add detail at the end.user added image

# 7 12-09-2005 , 01:30 AM
ok ty, ill try figure it out user added image im new at all this :s

# 8 12-09-2005 , 01:44 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by mc-fleury
i dont think he need to have a tut to understand how to begin a scene.modeling a scene is much easier than modeling stg organic.keep it simple for your first try and add detail at the end.user added image

wtf r u talking about : this is what the guy asked:

im tired and didnt search through forums, but how do you model a scene like a room and such, im trying to learn how to do that but dont know where to start :s so any tips would be lovely ty

he wanted a tutrial on how to model a scene from start to finish, and u reply this

i dont think he need to have a tut to understand how to begin a scene......

if this tutorial cannot help him learn how to model a scene from start to finish, then maybe ur suggestion can... :

.keep it simple for your first try and add detail at the end

:rant:

# 9 12-09-2005 , 07:24 AM
Anywho -- all a scene is is a collection of assets which completely fill the viewer's field of vision. May sound like a lot, but it all depends on what scene you're doing... first thing I'd recommend is start modelling single objects -- boxes, crates, lamps, TVs, tables, etc. Then, create a new maya scene and import all your assets and lay them out... a room is exactly like every other asset just bigger and you see the INSIDE of it, not the outside (make sure to adjust your normals.)

If you wish any further help... its 3:30 am so I'll get back to you on that :p