View Poll Results: How do you rate this site?
The Best Out There! 0 0%
Excellent 2 28.57%
Its good 2 28.57%
Ok 3 42.86%
Needs serious improvement 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 06-04-2007 , 02:07 AM

My new website! Rate it

ImageOcean.net

Its a free image uploading website, where you can upload images up to 4mb without the need of registering. Its been just about two weeks since its up. I need your suggestions and critics on this please :blush: .

Link : https://www.imageocean.net/

Improving it regularly need more suggestions on how to. Also should i enable watermarking ? it will be on the lower left corner of the picture

https://www.imageocean.net/
Free Photo Hosting!
# 2 06-04-2007 , 05:28 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Despite the fact you said what it was, it took me a sec or two to actually figure it was an image hosting site. Its not immediately obvious, well to me. So maybe a bit more in terms of advertising the fact it is an image host would be cool. I always try to view websites from the simplest and lowest level, if it I dont see what I need to see straight away, I lose interest and leave.
Like a scene in a movie, you need to know where you are in an instant or you get lost. Nice clean design though.

Jay

# 3 07-04-2007 , 12:41 AM
Very simple design and easy to use so that's a huge plus. Maybe you could use some other font and any other color but blue for those clickable links. Those 2 things are what I dislike about most websites, a cliche font and color. But except those, I liked it.

and hum, why did you make this website?

# 4 07-04-2007 , 07:09 AM
Subscriber
i reckon you should make the IMAGEOCEAN abit more attractive on the page ... also Jay was right, if you woudnt have told us it was an uploading site, it would have of never really crossed my mine untill a few mins...

i also reckon you should have the statement "ImageOcean - Your free image hosting service" right above your "select an image" in big bold letters,

ohh and btw, where are you getting all this space from? (home server?)

# 5 07-04-2007 , 10:04 AM
Subscriber
great site i think. just out of curiousity wats the motive in porviding this service?

# 6 08-04-2007 , 09:51 AM
Subscriber
i think you should make the logo have an ocean in it since you are calling it imageocean. for example like a wave comming out of the first letter or something and underlining the top word and have ocean under that. just an idea. im pretty much saying what marlonjohn said. but o well.

Do what you like, like what you do.
# 7 08-04-2007 , 12:09 PM
Subscriber
just looked at the site, looks alot better i reckon at the top text user added image

# 8 08-04-2007 , 06:42 PM
Thanks for all the feedback guys!

*Fixed afew bugs and added a new logo/title image

@jay : yes i agree with your point of view, i was trying to keep it as simple as possible. added the line "image hosting" to the new logo.

@yazmataz : working on the new font now user added image

@marlonjohn: yes i made it a bit more attractive, no not home server its a hosting package of 200GB space. will upgrade if needed be.

@danotronXX: i am not exactly sure, i just want a good page rank website, its a good project. no money is not the motive yet.

@daffas: the ocean wasn't working so i added the "image".

https://www.imageocean.net/
Free Photo Hosting!
# 9 08-04-2007 , 08:04 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Dude

Much better now, you see it straight away now and know instantly!

Well done

Jay