Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 14-08-2007 , 10:25 PM
Subscriber

cinematics for games

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows of any companies that do alot of work for games cinematics and trailers? Is this usually the company that makes the actual that also produce the trailer or does a separate team come in for say the cinematics or trailer? The reason I ask this is a few weeks back I saw a really cool reel of what I presume was a games company and it was just the cinematics of lots of games they were involved in.

Thanks in advance, I know this question sounds a bit weird, but hope someone can make sense of it.

Chris

# 2 15-08-2007 , 03:07 AM
Subscriber
https://www.blur.com/ is one such company and they have done some very nice work for some great games:

Transformers: The Game
Empire Earth III
Stuntman
A Gentleman’s Duel Teaser
The Simpsons Trailer
Coca Cola
Warhammer Fantasy
Hellgate: London
Halo Wars
NFL on FOX
Sonic: The Hedgehog
Gopher Broke Teaser
Marvel Ultimate Alliance

but then others do there own - i know Sony did there own for gods of war and square soft did there own for final fantasy's

Last edited by tweetytunes; 15-08-2007 at 03:09 AM.
# 3 15-08-2007 , 03:24 AM
The Maya Mountain
really depends on the size and scope of a project and/or the company making it. The smaller the project/company, the more likely such things are done in-house.

# 4 15-08-2007 , 03:29 AM
Jr.Who
That studio (Blur) has some really great looking cinematics! Do you know if they use all Maya? Also, what do they use to render (I doubt it’s Maya Software rendered user added image )?

# 5 15-08-2007 , 08:58 PM
Subscriber
Thank for the replies guys!!

Yay! the Blur reel was the one I was after, I have been looking for ages to find that.

There are some really cool parts on that reel, I luv it.

Cheers again guys

Chris