Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 04-11-2007 , 10:51 AM

maya and after Effects

Yah i have after effects and maya 9.0 i would like to import 3d objects into my after effects video. i dont know what to do i know it has something to do with motion tracking. i just want to learn how to take my 3d object in maya and import it into a video that i taped. post a tut or anything thanks

# 2 04-11-2007 , 12:15 PM
Subscriber
are you talking about compositing or actually importing and object into after effects (which i think is not possible, maybe with a third party plugin though.., forget its name.., Zaxwerks Invigorator i think)

take it easy and life will be easy
# 3 04-11-2007 , 12:29 PM
# 4 04-11-2007 , 01:36 PM
Subscriber
as a test, animate a ball (or anything) moving across in X in maya.

do say 150 frames (you do know how to render??)

now import those frames into after effects, if you cant see the files in 'images' in the maya projects folder from the import window from after effetcs.., set the after effects import file settings to 'all files'.., now you see the files, ., now.., 'open'.., you will be presented with a dialogue box (hopefully or you have a parsar problem..(??) ) choose 'best guess' (you need an alpha channel) and your files will now be imported into after effects (you only had to choose the first in the image sequance.., eg.., name001.iff, name002.iff) and all will be imported

now import you video footage, drag it to the time line.., and drag your image sequence from maya into the timeline.., if you can not see the mya ball you made, move the image sequence to the top layer of the timeline

now press play

now read the after effects manual for project settings (3 differant places for frame rates) and important things you will need to know to render

quickliy again

go to , edit/ make movie/

press render.., (thats very rough but might get you there)

someone else might take it from here.

take it easy and life will be easy
# 5 04-11-2007 , 01:40 PM
ok cool thanks i will give it a try ill get back to you thanks.