Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 16 24-01-2008 , 02:56 AM
Subscriber
Is polygon. Thank You for Your interest. Right now I am working a little on the enviroment. I think I will make a simple room like kitchen with pans and pots maybe broken egg shells on the floor. I will add another pic latter. Thank You again

# 17 24-01-2008 , 11:56 PM
Subscriber
a little more work

Attached Thumbnails
# 18 27-01-2008 , 08:54 AM
Subscriber
some more. I am sorry I am not posting as much as I should. I have a little problem with my internet connection and I can not be here when I want. any way. I added some lights and I am working on some textures so next time when I have some time I will start giving this the look that I think is right.

Attached Thumbnails
# 19 27-01-2008 , 04:42 PM
Looks great sokol ! I like the character and the environment has a nice touch as well.

Keep it going user added image

# 20 28-01-2008 , 05:13 AM
Subscriber
Thank You all. You guys are the best

Attached Thumbnails
# 21 29-01-2008 , 12:41 AM
looks pretty cool so far, but unless your mixing bowls have holes in the bottoms, i think you should check the shadows for the bowls.

Accept no substitutions.
# 22 29-01-2008 , 06:31 PM
Subscriber
this truly is incredible. great textures (i mean that in the sense and feel of the walls and such). good modeling, good character, and composition, though i feel there is a little too much head room and the pans and beams holding them should be raised. (maybe i havent seen the complete scene yet).

the question i keep asking myself though is what does this have to do with 'sport.' I keep thinking.., 'the American iron Chef.' user added image

lm not sure if it benefits from mental ray?? it looks very 'occluded' (if thats the word) soft shadows with no particular light source or direction. (i am aware it is not finished and its early to make such comments).

i like the control of spot lights and light linking and a light given source.

great work wish i could model like that user added image !!

mirek user added image

take it easy and life will be easy
# 23 30-01-2008 , 12:47 AM
Subscriber
Well. when I started this I was thinking of egg beating contest. I don't know if that makes sense. Maybe I am to much caried a way. I remember some years a go in some hotel I use to work sometimes the chefs would play with each other when there was nothing allse to do) and sometimes they would compete who would beat 10 eggs faster so when you fliped the pan upside down they would not fall but stay stady. There where other things like who would create the most beautifull plate and so on... I thot this may be a good idea. Maybe I am wrong. Maybe I don't have a good imagination. I am trying

# 24 30-01-2008 , 01:42 AM
Subscriber
Ok. After working the whole night and morning, here is some more. I also moved the pan's up a bit for more room. I will work more tonight and try to finish it on time. Any criticism or sugestion will be good for me.
Thank You again guys. You have been great

# 25 30-01-2008 , 01:45 AM
Subscriber
I allmost forgot to attach the image. I am so tired. I have to get some sleep

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by sokol; 30-01-2008 at 01:55 AM.
# 26 30-01-2008 , 04:44 AM

Originally posted by sokol
Well. when I started this I was thinking of egg beating contest. I don't know if that makes sense. Maybe I am to much caried a way. I remember some years a go in some hotel I use to work sometimes the chefs would play with each other when there was nothing allse to do) and sometimes they would compete who would beat 10 eggs faster so when you fliped the pan upside down they would not fall but stay stady. There where other things like who would create the most beautifull plate and so on... I thot this may be a good idea. Maybe I am wrong. Maybe I don't have a good imagination. I am trying

remember it doesnt have to b a sport well known, mike stated in the rules u can make up ur sport. i like ur idea, its something totally different and off the wall and unique to u. if chefs at ur old workplace did it as a game, then to me any game can b a sport. Im sure it wud b pyhsical and competitive, so keep it up user added image

# 27 30-01-2008 , 10:16 AM
Subscriber
hey mate, i didnt mean to throw a wolf in the pen?? brilliant work and .., me.., im just jealous and want you out so theres more chance of me winning (joking).

egg beating contest.., im dam sure they exist somewhere.

go for gold mate.., you deserve it!

# 28 30-01-2008 , 02:22 PM
Subscriber
some changes on the textures

Attached Thumbnails
# 29 30-01-2008 , 03:08 PM
Subscriber
great imagination mate.., no-one meant (me) to even infer that???

looks a lot better than a dart!!

looking great

good luck with the rest of it.

sianara

# 30 03-02-2008 , 04:30 AM
Subscriber
This is a close update to what I will end this composition with. I may change few things till then but this will be basically it. Any sugestions will be great.

Attached Thumbnails