Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 28-02-2009 , 08:53 PM

Invisible images on reference planes

Hello,
Im trying to set up my reference planes. My images are on the planes as they render fine. However I cant see them in the viewport. I have pressed every key (including 6- many times!) and I've looked through all the menu's i can think of. Is there a magic fix.

I do have another problem, but i dont think it's related as i complated a project like this recently... When i open a new scenr, al the viewports are completly blank, I have to make new views to work from which is a bit annoying......

The main problem is seeing the reference planes.........

If anyone has ANY ideas, I'd be grateful.

Thanks...

www.jowand.com
# 2 28-02-2009 , 10:41 PM
Subscriber
screen shot?

how'd you make the planes? using geometry or attaching them to the camera?

when you open a scene so you have the grid? or by blank do you mean nothing (not even the grid) is there and the grid is turned on?

i think i might know what you mean though, it happens on my laptop, if you just change to a different view (like see all four viewports at once) then switch back to a single viewport everything is fine.

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 3 01-03-2009 , 10:32 AM
Hey Jo,

just replied in the other thread that you posted in.

Do oyu actually see nothing at all, or a blury image?

It could be a GFX problem?

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 4 01-03-2009 , 10:43 AM
Hey! I just replied there to. If I'm in default quality rendering on the viewport, I can see nothing.....

www.jowand.com