Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 07-08-2009 , 09:00 PM
Subscriber

Texture and lighting BOOK?

Anyone have any good suggestions on a good texture and lighting book. I know there is one that is actually called "advanced texture and lighting" but I wasn't real impressed. If you have a good book recommendation please share. thanks

Bradysammons.com
New Media Designer
Student: Academy of Art University S.F.
My WIP
# 2 07-08-2009 , 09:32 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Digital Texturing and Painting is a good one. I dont know if its still about though, but its one of those books to have. The author is Owen Demers.

Also try Digital Lighting and Rendering by Pixar TD Jeremy Birn...quality stuff from Basics to advanced.

J

# 3 07-08-2009 , 09:57 PM
Subscriber
thanks, Any suggestion on good uv layout techniques...I know there really is no"easy button" but I swear I have the hardest time with UV layout and I imagine I am not going about it correctly or I am missing some work flow technique.
thanks

Bradysammons.com
New Media Designer
My WIP
# 4 08-08-2009 , 08:40 AM
UV's are a lot of experimentation and planning in my mind. You could also use somehting like Roadkill to speed up the process.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 5 08-08-2009 , 09:20 PM
Subscriber
thanks I ordered digital texturing and lighting, I found it at amazon for about 30.00.

Bradysammons.com
New Media Designer
My WIP