Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 21-03-2010 , 02:11 PM
Subscriber

Algerian Palace, Expedition of 1878

I am posting the final for my project 'Algerian Palace'. I had hoped to do some more changes for the final, but have accidentally deleted my project.

I have enjoyed this so much and have learned a lot about displacement map creating. And thank you so much to all that helped and guided me in things I was missing and overlooking!

Thank you all that visited it and have left such very kind comments.

Original Render (1200X900):
https://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t...16thupdate.png

Attached Thumbnails

Challenge me and I will try. Because If I should fail, failure also has a prize (Knowledge).
# 2 21-03-2010 , 03:40 PM
The thin red line
Hi Tom
Lovely work, if they get the gallery working should go in there..............dave

# 3 21-03-2010 , 05:02 PM
Subscriber
Thank you Dave!! It has been nice sharing this with you, and all of your help!!

Challenge me and I will try. Because If I should fail, failure also has a prize (Knowledge).
# 4 21-03-2010 , 05:27 PM
Lifetime Member
A really nice piece Tom ..its a shame you lost your files but at least you managed to save something of the project .
i enjoyed watching the progess and it turned out really well .

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 5 21-03-2010 , 06:19 PM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Yeah, it turned out great. Nice work.

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 6 21-03-2010 , 06:34 PM
Subscriber
Jsprogg, I was glad to have shared it with you also! And I certainly appreciate your help and kind words. If I didn't show my work here I am the only one that would see it, well my girlfriend looks at them and says, "That is nice, now come eat!" Thank you Jsprogg!

Mayaniac, I am glad that you liked it! I know you sure are doing some VERY nice work yourself. I always enjoy seeing it!

Hope that you guys all have a smile!!

P.S. I should add my girlfriend did say that I needed a cat lounging on the steps and it would be perfect!! Those were her words. ;-)

Last edited by oldhippie_tom; 21-03-2010 at 06:40 PM.
# 7 22-03-2010 , 08:06 PM
Head of 3d Admedia
haha great model next time switch on incremental save its a life saver

# 8 22-03-2010 , 10:17 PM
Subscriber
Thank you Murambi!

Yes, I do save it incrementally. But this was moving the whole project to my storage folder. A little different, but still lost the project!

I am glad that you liked the model, and I do appreciate you visiting it!! Thanks!!

# 9 23-03-2010 , 10:14 AM
Acid44
Looks great d00d

On the lost files thing, maybe you could try recovering them? There's a bajillion tools out there for it, and it's always worth a shot

I always try it when I accidentally delete something from my por.... video collection :bandit:

# 10 23-03-2011 , 09:16 PM
Administrator
Added to the gallery as a tribute to one of the friendliest members of this community who sadly left us recently. Hope you're glancing down from the afterlife user added image

This was an interesting WIP to follow, the thread for it can be found here
https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33749

# 11 24-03-2011 , 02:13 PM
The thin red line
Glad it ended up here, realy nice texturing............dave