Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 24-06-2004 , 03:50 PM
Subscriber

Background Sky

Hi,
I'm getting a bit bogged down trying to sort out the 'background" sky of this Image....
I coundn't find anything on the net (apart from something that told me to "map" the image to the Camera's colour? - when I tried this it just blotted out the rest of scene?)
I'm also confused what the "Env Sky" texture node? is/does and would it help me?
In the end I just made a poly plane and put the image on that, surely that's not how it's really done?

Scraggy

[EDIT] - I lightened it up a bit, but sorry it's so dark - seems to go darker when posted. Thanks to Mayang's Textures for the background.

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by Scraggy_dog; 24-06-2004 at 04:31 PM.
# 2 25-06-2004 , 06:35 AM
In the camera settings, in the attribute editor.. try to apply it to the color section, under environment..

Carsten Lind
Senior 3D Artist,
Maya Software Manager & Maya Instructor
LEGO Systems A/S
# 3 25-06-2004 , 12:54 PM
Subscriber
Thanks, I will have a 'play around' with it, but from what I hear it's a bit 'Iffy' to use (Does not use IPR etc) - anyway we will see.

Thanks Scraggy