Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 01-11-2004 , 02:57 AM

Wanna get into lighting for movies!

Hi folks!!

I am highly interested in getting into feature film work.
I want to be a lighting artist.

Is going to an art school absolutely important?

I cannot afford to go to a full time course now.

I am making a kinda serioues shift into graphics esp. learning maya for the purpose.

How can I increse my chances of getting into a job situation by sacrificing school, or is it simply too hard?

Please guide me!

# 2 01-11-2004 , 03:13 AM
Unless you know some people and have a REALLY GOOD reel, you might be able to get a job doing something. For feature film production studios, I am sure you need schooling, and minor experience working for other production companys. Some production companies offer freelance employment.

Pixar's job faq:
https://www.pixar.com/companyinfo/jobs/faq.html#03

# 3 01-11-2004 , 08:08 PM
thx a lot!

I am thinking about this seriously!

Thx again!

# 4 16-11-2004 , 11:44 AM
If you can get into the industry without schooling I'd do that.. two years of industry experience will get you further than two years at school, at least where I'm located, which is probably mostly because the schools here (UK) aren't the best.. user added image

# 5 16-11-2004 , 06:40 PM
Hey thanx Goran!

Actually I have a bground in arch visualisation using max , but am aware that max isnt really used in features that much.

So, am shifting to maya.I do not have any feature film related experience, nor broadcast really. But I am passionate about doing lighting/rendering & want to work towards getting into the industry(US/Canada).

I am currently learning maya, then wil be working on a dedicated reel.

It feels great to know that you can a break without expensive schooling!

Thx!