Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 02-03-2005 , 09:58 PM

Can 2 ikhandles share a joint?

Say I've got a setup where there is a root joint which splits into a "V" formation. So it has 2 children, and each of those children have 1 child each. I want to have it setup so that an ikhandle connects each leaf joint with the root joint. This way pulling down one leaf node so that side of the "V" is straight, causes the otherside to bend.

Basically I just want to know if 2 ikhandles can share a root joint. From what I have tried, only 1 ikhandle works. The other doesn't.

Thanks! user added image

# 2 04-03-2005 , 04:12 PM
As usual I'm replying to my own post. user added image

I've figured out that it's when I group the ikHandles of each branch that this happens. When I first create 1 ikHandle per branch sharing the root node then both ikHandles affect it ok. The problem is I have another ikHandle on each branch. I make two groups of ikHandles, 1 per branch. This yields the right effect, but it only works with the right side of the branch (no matter which order I group them together). This is really weird. I can't figure it out.