Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 01-10-2007 , 10:06 AM
Subscriber

Tricky converting! :/

hello!

One stupid question!
How do I convert Nurbs to Polys and back?
Everytime I must convert anything the settings are false!
Because in the simply tuts they convert and they convert and they can anytime gets there basemesh!
When I convert nurbs to polys then polys to subD and back to nurbs the mesh is extractet. Every face is separatet!

Whats the way to convert from Nurbs to Poly, from Poly to subD,from subD to nurbs that I get my Basemesh, without any changes in my Base(Nurbs)mesh?

# 2 01-10-2007 , 11:03 AM
Lifetime Member
ok going from nurbs to polys is pretty easy, you select the surface and go to modify convert and in the nurbs to polygon select control points and then it will convert with same tesselation.
Going from poly to Nurbs is a little harder , first check the number of polygon rows you have ie 4 vertical and 5 horizontal because you will need to match this later, then convert to a sub.d and the hit 0 on the keyboard to make sure the mesh tesselation at 0.now convert the mesh from sub-d to nurbs, note there are no options for this and the nurbs surface might be more than one patch and more dense than you expect .Now you have your nurbs surface you will need to rebiuld the surface/surfaces so select your patch and go to edit nurbs at the top and hit the rebuild surfaces option box ,select Uniform and change the number of spans in the U and V to match your rows you counted on your original surface ie 4 and 5.
Once you have converted you could stitch the surfaces but you don't have to the convert back to polygons ,just rember to combine and merge verts once you convert back.

Hope this helps a little.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner

Last edited by jsprogg; 01-10-2007 at 11:12 AM.