Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 11-07-2008 , 01:57 AM

3D aircraft

I want to develope a 3D aircraft with set off all 3d points , I need only the outer surface points... what should i do. i have maya free edition.

digitally better
# 2 11-07-2008 , 04:53 AM
er.. sorry - not sure i understand you. are you looking for blueprints? if so, you could try this site.

https://www.the-blueprints.com/

if not, please try rewording your question. user added image

# 3 11-07-2008 , 10:18 AM
Subscriber
uhh.. i think kapil is starting from scratch...

and i mean he's starting from no knowledge of Maya what-so-ever...

because if he had some knowledge then he'd know where to start...

to give a basic outline, from what i've picked up from all the video tutorials and html tutorials, you start by importing image planes (i gather the site arran directed you to is perfect for it)
then you use nurbs to get an approximate shape of the plane exterior
then you convert to polygons and get it closer to the shape
then you switch between poly and sub-d to get detail and textures

other than that, i agree with arran, if this isn't the answer you're looking for please reword your question to be more specific

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 4 11-07-2008 , 04:58 PM

thank you

thank you arran and Chirone. I m not going to master on maya i just need a model of a 3d aircraft which i can implement in java
my need:
set of all voxel with its color information in a file it may be a text file.

thats it

in the 2nd pass if this voxel file is classified with color information
like:
(0,0,0)//color information
(20,30,20)//voxel
(33,18,2)//voxel

(12,13,22)//color
(33,44,55)//voxel

i need only surface information,
what should i do?
is it easy to import a maya model in java?
can i model such things with my free lerning edition?

digitally better
# 5 11-07-2008 , 05:30 PM
Subscriber
umm, i'm not too sure i know what you mean by 'voxel'
do you mean vertex?

normally in this case i would get the Open GL for java, make my model in Maya, and then export the file out so that OpenGL can read it

however, i know that the free edition of Maya does not allow you to export, or else you could use it comercially without anyone knowing (since there is no additional information to protect the product in exported files)

now, i've just tried this, to see if my following suggestion would work, but it looks like i either need to learn Mel or Phython, neither of which i have sufficient experience with

what i was going to suggest is that you create your plane in maya, then you click a vertex and copy its (x,y,z) coordinate which you would put into your input file for java

but, it appears there's no such information in the channel box
so i thought that the script editor would telll me the coordinates of a vertex, but i don't know how to get it to print and tell me the value of a point...

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D