Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 16 02-08-2010 , 03:41 AM
Lifetime Member
At the back twisted???? there appears to be a chamfer...I didnt notice it before.

50+ FOLDERS mate LOL. No Im doing it for my own collection. I figure there is no need to model everything again and again. So when I do planes..tanks...and eventually humans...I will have a stockpile of weaponry already made. I have to go back and scale them now. I didnt think of that (which suprises me...being a Surveyor!!).

I would imagine it will take me ...awww...50 years to finish! I do a lot of modelling at work so I dont get enough time for fun. I figure its simple stuff...just repetitive..and can be done reasonably quickly. As a noob it will also improve my skills...I hope.

cheers bullet

Attached Thumbnails

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 17 02-08-2010 , 03:46 AM
Yes i would say thats the area. Looks to me like it almost fits TOO snug to the rest of it, preventing the spoon from flying if the pin is pulled.

I too have a giant list of things i plan to model that seems to be growing much faster than my ability to do them. Although i would love to make an armory the most i have gotten is a table full of mythical ninja like weapons.

And yes if you plan on making them all into a scene you might want to use a set scale, i had a big problem when i went to model 2 cars to make a scene together and i could literally fit my 1st car in the trunk of my second....

# 18 02-08-2010 , 03:58 AM
Lifetime Member
bahahahahaha LOL oh man Im in tears!!! I did the same thing with my Me-262...made all the dials, knobs etc etc and when I imported...SAME as you...bahahaha I could fit my Me into a flight dial...ooohhh funny.

Yeh I intend to get the armory happening..I have only the frag and 1 arrow type ATM. Time kills me...12 hour days man..dont get much time for fun.

Yeh I see what you mean...I will fix at lunchtime.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 19 02-08-2010 , 11:21 AM
Lifetime Member
chamfer done...spoon was fine mate.

cheers bullet

Attached Thumbnails

bullet1968

# 20 03-08-2010 , 02:39 AM
Looks better. I bet the only thing worse that a spoon that flies when you dont want is one that wont when you want it to.

# 21 03-08-2010 , 03:21 AM
Lifetime Member
I like pineapples on me plate mate....not thrown at me thats for certain!! LOL

bullet1968

# 22 04-08-2010 , 12:58 AM
I have been pelted by a pineapple grenade, they are a lot heavier than you would think. I actually have one on the bookcase behind me(its been de-cored so it is no longer live), but i just wanted to comment that the real one i have has somewhat soft edges around the plates.

# 23 04-08-2010 , 01:29 AM
Lifetime Member
Yeh well I looked at so many pics and they are all so different in small ways....there were literally 10's of different styles. Close enough I reckon??

Edit: I could go back I suppose and cut one section out...smooth it more then duplicate/revolve etc etc

bullet1968

# 24 04-08-2010 , 02:50 AM
I would say yours looks close enough. Texture is all you need really.

# 25 04-08-2010 , 03:16 AM
Lifetime Member
Roger that mate...will get to it one day...LOL

bullet1968