Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 26-08-2004 , 05:44 AM

The jungle of software

Hi all,

I'm pretty new to Maya, as to this forum. I used Hash Animation Master before, which couldn't be used with any other software (atleast not very well). This was one of the reason I started to get into maya.

Now, I thought GREAT Maya can really be used with a lot of software packages. And it can but it's a JUNGLE out there!
So many different modelers like Z-brush and now MODO, a lot of different renders and additional animation tools like motionbuilder.

A can imaging that only a few uses Maya alone. So, wich software and plugins do you use for modeling animation and rendering?

I use: Maya, AfterFX and ofcourse Photoshop.

: ) Jakob

<i>It's the "hard", that makes it great! - Tom Hanks</i>
# 2 31-08-2004 , 01:48 AM
Maya.... and a sketchpad(not wacom, paper and pencil style).

I have photophop and psp8 and stuff... just not good enough to make use of them yet.

# 3 31-08-2004 , 01:53 AM
Right now just Maya snd PS for work... Trying to leanr max on my own right now to help out over at simplyMax

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 4 31-08-2004 , 04:44 AM
Subscriber
uses: maya
PS 7
Wings
PoV ray
Blender (not often...)
my tiny 6X8 wacom user added image
waiting for: MODO user added image user added image ( i'm afraid i 'll no longer model in maya after its release... user added image )
Demo'ed: XSI, MAX user added image

want to learn : kaydara, Body paint and MR
plug-ins (i can't live without ...i mostly model) : bonus tools,
Quadchecker, a small script written by KB a few days ago in the script forum, and infinite Undo :p