Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 13-02-2005 , 04:10 PM

question about "x ray" view

I want to put the "view/x ray" tool to the custom shelves; but when I both push "ctrl"and "shift" key,it doesn't woke. how can I do it ?

# 2 13-02-2005 , 04:30 PM
Subscriber
# 3 13-02-2005 , 04:46 PM

thanks a lots

thanks a lots

# 4 17-02-2005 , 07:14 PM

X-Ray Mel

Thanks Keef,

I was just thinking I needed something like this. I made an icon in photoshop for it if anyone wants to use it.

Good Luck!

!MasterFool

Attached Images
File Type: bmp xray.bmp (3.1 KB, 160 views)
# 5 17-02-2005 , 07:58 PM
Subscriber
Hi Masterfool

The X-ray question comes up regularly. If you know how to add the MEL script to the shelf it is not a problem - however this can be one of the most frustrating obstacles you can face if you don't (it is not intuative).

Maybe Dave / Mike / Kevin need to make a very prominent area on the Frontpage where these sorts of "Tips & Tricks" could be stored. I know I would regularly look through it. (This is in no way a criticism of the structure of this excellent site)!!!

good luck buddy

Keith

# 6 17-02-2005 , 08:42 PM

Too True

Ha Ha,

Yeah, thanks Keef. I in fact use custom mel all the time, its just that I used to always go into "Shading" , "Shade Options", "X-Ray" to toggle all the time. And well, whenever I do something enough its nice to make a shortcut or a hotkey for it.

I just happened to stumble across it, and its nice when someone has already made one. Good idea about the "Tips & Tricks" area. That would be nice.

Regards,

!MasterFool

Last edited by masterfool; 18-02-2005 at 04:11 PM.