Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 27-02-2006 , 07:06 PM

3D stuff for composing tests needed

hi,
im trying to improve my composting skills and what i really need is some 3d-stuff to combine with live-action footage for testing purposes.

im trying hard to get into maya but what i know until now is that i never wanna be a modeler user added image

so, heres my question: what is the best resource for free models (would be perfect if they are already textured and shaded) on the internet. no max models please, only formats that are supported by maya are welcome.

i know its a bit offtopic and not a "real" compositing question, but i thought its although well placed here, because you compositing guys know what im looking for.

thx in advance,
payton

# 2 27-02-2006 , 07:34 PM
Thers stuff in the downloads section thats free.

Just build up your modleing skills allong with your animation and compositing skills by starting with simple things.

# 3 27-02-2006 , 08:55 PM
yes, i already found that stuff in the download section.

but i think that there are maybe bigger and better resources out there on the net?

am i wrong?

payton

# 4 27-02-2006 , 09:17 PM
Never really looked to be fair? Always modeled stuff myself, I think you can get them, if you pay though.