Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 19-04-2006 , 10:06 PM

wierd skin and body movements

hey
having yet more problems.
ok, so i think iv attached ik handles and the like to my mouse in order to move him, but whenever i try to move him forward, the ik handles remain where they are. and if i go beyond a certain amount he looks as if he is held back by puppet strings and can move no further. why is this?
also, the skin is scrunching up when i try to move parts of his body: how do i remedy this?
you'll have to excuse me: complete newbie but really need to learn this stuff and get it under my belt.
any help will be appreciated.

# 2 22-04-2006 , 06:49 AM
Subscriber
Did you by any chance parent constrained? I just started playing with this not so long ago and am starting to get the hang of it.

You probably didn't parent constrained, but I find that when you use parent constrain, it holds the joint locked down unless you do point constrain before it or something. You have to play around with your outliner to set it's heirarchy.

As for scrunching, it might be skin weights. You need to paint weights and I'm telling you it's a pain in the bung hole. But like Mike and the other guys said, it takes awhile to learn and I'm glad I kept at it because I'm getting it now. user added image

# 3 22-04-2006 , 10:53 AM
thanks for your reply
could you explain parent hieracy for me? or send me in the right direction of a website that does? and for weight paints?
like i said, complete newbie, so not getting all the technical terms just yet.
many thanks.

# 4 22-04-2006 , 07:12 PM
i think you could create a curve which you parent to the root joint of the rig, then parent the ik handles to it aswell and this will become your master controler for the character.

so it should all move around together when you move the curve

hope that helps

# 5 23-04-2006 , 12:03 AM
Subscriber
I don't know any good rigging site per say but here's one that I know of. https://www.rigging101.com/

As for heirarchies, its basically just the order of operations, I'm not really sure how to explain it.

Check out the maya help menu and read about it.