Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 13-02-2007 , 11:16 AM

Views inexplicably linked together

Soooo, here's my latest weird Maya problem. I had panels set to four views and all was well, then suddenly (can't remember what I was doing that might have sparked it) my lower left quadrant, usually the left side became a second perspective view and every time I zoom or dolly in one of the two perspective views, the other one does it too. Basically I have the exact same view times two. I've tried changing the view, but then I just get two side views or whatever. I also tried redoing the panel>four view thing but now I just have both left views the same, instead of bottom left and top right. I also tried my usual response to Maya trouble, close and re-open file, but it stayed the same.

Any suggestions?

# 2 13-02-2007 , 11:49 AM
Subscriber
Hello Evelyn,

try hitting the quad view button (highlighted in green) that should bring up perspective and the 3 orthographic views. If you're still having trouble, select the problematic window, open the panel menu (highlighted in blue) and select 'orthographic' then whichever view is missing.

Hope that remedies things,

Mat.

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 13-02-2007 , 01:04 PM
Oof, it took some fancy footwork, but I managed to shuffle my views back to normal thanks to your second suggestion, Matt. Thanks!

# 4 13-02-2007 , 08:36 PM
Subscriber

2 perps

Sometimes it is helpful to have 2 different perspectives open. To do this, hit create>camera>camera. then you can switch one of the quad views to your new camera by hitting panels>perspective>camera1 in the view you want to change

What I lack in skill I make up for with enthusiasm.