Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 08-12-2007 , 09:18 PM

body paint 3d

hey guys i was reading an interview about the golden compass and the polar bears they created for it and how they where painted using maxon body paint 3d just wanted to know if any of you guys have used it and what you think of it, i am downloading the demo from their site as i am writing this

# 2 09-12-2007 , 12:09 AM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!

Re: body paint 3d

Originally posted by anasasis
hey guys i was reading an interview about the golden compass and the polar bears they created for it and how they where painted using maxon body paint 3d just wanted to know if any of you guys have used it and what you think of it, i am downloading the demo from their site as i am writing this

WOW, some of the art on there site is amazing..... downloading demon now :attn:

Please post a link to the interview you were reading. Sounds really interesting.

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 3 09-12-2007 , 12:30 AM

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 4 11-12-2007 , 01:02 PM
what did you think Mayaniac ive been stuffing around with it for a little but in the demo you cant save the texture to a psd so thats a little annoying but i think i would be a great tool to have so far

# 5 11-12-2007 , 01:16 PM
I've been playing around with it today, and it has allot of potential.... but now it's up to me to release it user added image

The UI is very confusing to me. Having used the Maya Ui for so long. I've just now figured out how to create multiple Layers and apply them to Objects. It seems like a pretty decent modeling rig as well. It seems to have all the necessary tools, though i doubt it would anything on Maya :bow:

I've not figured out how to UV map objects yet, but a friend of mine gave me a TON of tuts so I'm going to get learning.

Though the fact that i can't export my textures to .psd is going to be a pain. Plus all the M's coated everywhere.

But, I'm looking forward to hopefully adding this software to my tool box. If i can get the hang of it that is... user added image

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 6 12-12-2007 , 10:36 AM
have you seen the golden compass yet i heard it was a bit of a flop in the states it comes out in australia on the 26th of december so im hanging out for it. I Might also look up some tutes on bodypaint 3d to start to work my way around it shold be good i rekon it has a lot of potential

# 7 12-12-2007 , 06:19 PM
I thought of giving it a go but I ended up gettting Zbrush, as its got great texturing tools in it.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle