Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 23-04-2012 , 06:51 PM

Problem: How do I work with 2 objects at once?

I am pretty new to Autodesk Maya, and I am right now trying to create a human face, I made the eyebrows with the "Create polygon faces" tool, and I did the same for the mouth. So i have 2 objects, the eye and the mouth. Now here's the problem:

When I try to combine theese two objects together by using the "Append to polygon" tool, I just can't get it right. (nor does the "connect vertexes" tool work)
Here's the deal, im watching a tutorial on Youtube, and I can see he got his two objects selected in green, but I can only seem to get one of my objects green, and the other one will be white (if i press alt on the second object)
I find that if I have both objects selected in green it might work, but how do i get them green?
Do I have to parent them together or make the 2 objects into 1?

How do i do that, remember I'm still new to this program therefore I'm asking this simple question.

Thanks

# 2 23-04-2012 , 07:00 PM
Super Moderator
He might have combined the pieces (Mesh>Combine). For example, merging vertices won't work on separate objects.

- Genny
# 3 23-04-2012 , 07:17 PM
Combining the 2 objects worked, thanks! user added image