Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 12-09-2002 , 04:03 PM

Arrays + Duplicating

Hey Guys,

I was just wondering if there was some faster way than duplicating a rivet at a time. As if you could choose to duplicate a certain amount of them along a path so that they are equal space from each other. Like the rivets running across the hull of a ship. Just wondering. Thanks! user added image

Cheers,
Imperator

# 2 12-09-2002 , 05:54 PM
SM Alumni
Duplicate with transform is just the ticket for you user added image Select the first rivet, then open the Duplicate option box, turn transform on. You may have to change to Parent from World to get the box useable. Now hit duplicate. Move the second rivet where you want it, keeping in mind that each rivet you make will be spaced the same way from the next one in line. Then once you have it moved, hit ctrl+d and keep adding rivets user added image

Darkon

Red bellows of flame have blackened my stones
Convulsing my frame and cracking my bones
Hell's dragons of steel who roar in their chains
Crawl into my caves to suck out my veins.....

-The Mountain P.F.M.