Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 16 24-12-2004 , 09:27 PM
Here is the result of todays work .... I added eyes some chains and I'm still fighting user added image with the texture , and model ..aahhh Maya is great .. by the way Marry Christmas !!

Attached Thumbnails
# 17 25-12-2004 , 11:53 AM
Subscriber
Dude, get the f*ck over in the norm comp, you're stealing my prize!!! user added image Cool model and some great textures!

# 18 25-12-2004 , 10:27 PM
lol i agree with blomkaal:p this just takes my enthousiasm away lol

Don't read anything I write down.. it's all weird
# 19 26-12-2004 , 05:58 PM
THX guys for the comments... but you're not right , I 've seen your works and theyre very good , this isn't normal challange quality I still have lots to learn (never enough) if I get better maybe the next contest i'll enter at normal... Here is an updated pic , still not finished (lots of work) , I remade his weapons, rounded his toes and others user added image and I'm planning on reparing the textures , maybbe adding some toes detail (toenails)....

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by raduangelescu; 31-12-2004 at 02:38 PM.
# 20 31-12-2004 , 02:32 PM
Happy new year everybody!! May all your wishes come true!! I made his toenails .. didn't do much for him because I was quite busy ... I'm waiting C&C .. what should I do next? I want to start rigging and animating him but I need to finish the model soo please send me your thoughts!! (btw my model now has ~3300 tris)

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by raduangelescu; 31-12-2004 at 02:37 PM.
# 21 04-01-2005 , 04:13 AM
If you really want to win the challemnge i think you should add more details to the texture....i mean you could add veins ,scares and such things...
the colour map is only going from black to light red which is done a bit boring...

also you should create other maps like bump map for som skin bump...like the picture in vladimirjps challenge thread reference photo (just check it)

and there is also the specular map and other maps you should go for cause im also in that challenge and ill give my best....i need to get my model done...need to do texturing fast....

# 22 07-01-2005 , 10:10 AM
Today I made some time and added veins and some details to the character ..... Hope you like him !! Pls post C& C .....I want to add bump map but.. I don't know... I guess you can post your oppinion on what I should add to this character ( soo far I have:
~3250 tris, color map 1024 x 1024, 512 x 512 for weapons color map, and i have a 1024x1024 transparency map wich is just for tests and in the end i think I will make it 512x512 or less )

Attached Thumbnails
# 23 11-01-2005 , 09:47 PM
Yeah, I think this is more norm than noob, too. I entered "norm" over in simplylightwave, and my chars don't look that good (yet). (maybe that's why mtmckinley et al haven't commented; they're afraid of pointing out that for normal work, my entry sucks. user added image)

Why do I keep thinking "Diablo" while looking at this guy? It's looking great, though. Can't wait to see the final creature! Are you going to rig him, even though you don't have to?

"Even a brick wants to be something" - Louis Kahn
# 24 12-01-2005 , 05:07 PM
ohhh.. finaly someone posted .. you're verry kind but I don't know what to say.... I checked you're char in simlpylightwave and I think it's very good and you underapreciate your work ! The answer is yes.... I will rig this character and i will try to add it to my game (I am working at a game ALONE wich is very hard i could really need some help..but anyway www.raduangelescu.home.ro) , I could really need some critiques to make him even better (if I will not get critiques in the next week I'll start rigging)...THX for posting and I invite anybody to critic ..pls!

# 25 13-01-2005 , 02:41 PM
Lifetime Member
Really nice work man!
You need to slow down, your making us all look bad. LOL

Mark user added image

PS. try to keep your images at 640x480 please.

# 26 13-01-2005 , 05:56 PM
waiting for your c&c I came up with his pet , wich I am still modeling , It has 1510 tris (I want to make it ~2500 or 3000) soo in total I am thinking of putting him with the demon in the competition
P.S : pls post c&c

Attached Thumbnails
# 27 13-01-2005 , 07:03 PM
Almost finished the modeling of the demon's pet , it now has ~2200 tris , Hope you like it !! Now i have to merge the two simetrical objects and do UV mapping (I hate Uv mapping ...) user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 28 13-01-2005 , 07:44 PM
The Maya Mountain
I still feel that the character's textures need some crispness and also some contrast. For example, I can barely tell where his muscle formations are. Also, i think he just looks too clean overall.

It definitely has a lot of potential!

The pet is looking pretty cool. When modeling, think about how you want the creature to move and make sure it has the geometry needed for that articulation.

# 29 14-01-2005 , 09:57 AM
ThX alot , your critiques are very good , I think I have an Idea about how I could add details to the demon's texture , I have to go to school but I hope tonight i will manage to make the texture better , resize it , add detail to pet's articulations (for animation) , and start uv mapping (ohhhh I hate uv mapping).....

# 30 17-01-2005 , 08:15 AM
Didn't do much work in this weekend .... but I uv mapped the pet,
and added details to the demon....I started to texture the pet but I need to work more on it's details (and head)..here are some pics

Attached Thumbnails