Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 27-03-2007 , 03:02 PM

Optimizing MR

Hi, I have problems rendering a car I modelled in nurbs, I have looked over and over the settings in MR in the render globals and everytime I try to render the scene Maya crushes with a run time error. I am using an IBL node, Final Gather and a few lights to compensate some shadows. I do not get this problem when I render the pieces separately, it only happens when I render them all together. I've looked the render diagnostics, optimized the BSP, surface approximations, etc, and don't seem to find the problem.

To be more exact, the error occurs when Maya is rendering the hole car and it gets to the part where the wheels are because I have lots of nurbs pieces in it. The car renders ok without the wheels and the wheels render ok without the car, but it crushes when trying to render it all together.

Any ideas of how I can optimize MR to render the scene?

Thanks a lot user added image

Mark R.