Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 26-04-2008 , 03:45 AM
Subscriber

Back faces of objects

Hi Guys, This is probably really straight forward, however i have spent hours trying to figure it out.. in perspective view, when i cut an object in half and tumble round to see the inside of the remaining half, i can only see the wireframe, and not the faces, i have looked at backface culling, which i kinda understand.

How do i get the inside faces view switched on?

hope that makes sense.

Thanks

Its never to late to change.... take the leap....
# 2 26-04-2008 , 04:44 AM
Well removing backface culling should make the backsides of the polygons selectable. Otherwise I have no idea. user added image

# 3 26-04-2008 , 11:27 AM
Subscriber
Hi, Thanks for the reply, I can select the faces, but I only have a wireframe view, i.e. the external faces have a color assigned, but the internal faces are wireframe only...

# 4 06-05-2008 , 08:52 PM
Subscriber
I dont know if this is right, though have you just tried applying a new material straight over the object, and seeing if it went anti-transparent?

Could you post a picture, as i would help heaps user added image

# 5 06-05-2008 , 11:13 PM
Okey, I tested adding backface culling and is as you explain it, you can select them but its only a wireframe, so try removing backface culling, worked for me. :S

# 6 07-05-2008 , 09:45 AM
there are two ways to switch on/off backface culling. one is strictly for the selected object (Display > Polygons > BackFace Culling), the other way is for your entire scene (Preferences >Display > polygons or Display > polygons > custom polygon display). This second option allows you to keep the wireframe, I believe you have it currently turned on.

# 7 10-05-2008 , 07:26 PM
Subscriber
Thanks Kratch, That solved it, I can now select faces and Vertices on the inside of my geometry... That was driving me mad, Thanks again. :attn: