Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 08-01-2009 , 02:46 AM

Making fire loop?

Hey everybody,

i am creating a box on fire to use as a header place holder on an intro. I am exporting out of maya as a sequence png, and importing into flash. Question i have is does anybody know how to make the fire with a smooth loop? Right now im just making the timeline on the flash file loop on certain frames to make the fire appear endless, but its a jerky loop.

any help would be great. Thanks

# 2 08-01-2009 , 03:34 AM
I say copy the frames, reverse them, and put them after the regular clip. its worth a shot, and it WILL be seamless. It may be noticeably the same clip reversed though.

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 3 08-01-2009 , 03:37 AM
yeah that's a thought, but the flames would go down instead of up... i was looking online and found a cool site: https://advanceflash.com/ that sells endless loops like this and a bunch of other crazy ones... i just hate paying for something that i might be able to figure out myself.. anyhow thanks!

# 4 08-01-2009 , 07:16 AM
Subscriber
set your first key at frame 1..., MMB click on the last frame without moving the 'flame' then do the tweens.., that is how its usually done.., course and then animate the finer details.., dont forget to ease in and ease out.

take it easy and life will be easy