Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 23-03-2011 , 07:49 PM
Lifetime Member

Platform speed

Hi all,

I thought I'd just post to let you know I've recently installed Arch Linux on my Mac Pro to see if I could some more speed out of Maya. Well, running the latest Gnome and compared to OS X, it's miles faster when it comes to the UI! I think this is really down to graphics drivers and the fact that you can get vendor supplied graphics drivers for Linux and Windows vs. the ones supplied by Apple.

Other benefits include viewport anti-aliasing (not that I use it), speed and more speed! You also have the ability to eliminate screen tearing through Vertical blanking (or vertical sync) so the whole viewing experience is better. Hypershade is faster as well, the only thing I havent tested is Viewport 2.0.

Just to let you all know.

J

# 2 23-03-2011 , 09:14 PM
SM Tea Boy
Let us know what GFX card you have and how viewport 2 works out under linux. I'd be interested to know user added image

Thanks
Dave

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 26-03-2011 , 09:59 AM
Lifetime Member
Hi David,

I'll let you know re VP2. The card is a lowly 8800GT that came with the mac, wouldn't mind a new shiny fx 4000 though!