Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 02-09-2003 , 06:16 PM

Shadow Lighting problem! HELP!

I have posted this problem on 2 other msg boards and no one has been able to help me.

PROBLEM:

I have a couple questions:

First off,
I am getting some strange polygon shadow reactions in my glass and walls of this building I am making. I will post 2 pictures of what is happening.

1st pic 320x240:
No problems everything seems to be ok.

2nd pic 640x480:
I am gettnig strnge distortion, in teh walls and windows.

The problem is occuring at higher resolutions than 320x240.

Computer specs:

Athlon 1.4
G-Force 4 ti 4600 ( I read alias site, they dont recommend this card, and said I may have problems) Dual monitors
800 or so memory

PLEASE HELP SOS!!!!

Second, coulld someone suggest how I can make this scene look more photo realistic? The building is too flat shaded, how can I make it look more realistic.

Attached Images

Thanks!

Michael
www.digitalg8.com

Last edited by DigitalG8; 02-09-2003 at 06:21 PM.
# 2 02-09-2003 , 06:19 PM
Second Higher resolution picture:

Attached Thumbnails

Thanks!

Michael
www.digitalg8.com
# 3 04-09-2003 , 01:50 AM
Those rendering errors are probably due to your card- I had similar ones a while back with the very same card. maybe try applying a bump map to the building or using a texture derived from an actual image of the building to make it look more real.
here's a nice texture site to help you out:
https://www.pixelpoke.com/FREE%20PIXELS.html

# 4 04-09-2003 , 02:32 AM
I have a GeForce Ti 4600 and never had a problem with it yet in maya. Hmmm don't know about your problem though... strange...