Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 08-10-2005 , 10:18 PM
Subscriber

Haunted House TUT

Just downloaded the Haunted house tut, but I dont see the little sample image in any of the zips. Maybe I missed it but I dont think so. Any help would be cool. user added image

# 2 08-10-2005 , 11:16 PM
SM Tea Boy
I'll get this of kurt first thing! Sorry about that

Dave

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 09-10-2005 , 12:47 AM
Subscriber
Thx :attn:

# 4 09-10-2005 , 10:18 AM
SM Tea Boy
Reference images can now be found in part 0 for both the house modeling and texturing

David

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 5 09-10-2005 , 10:21 AM
Subscriber
seems tutorial files are always missinguser added image :headbang:

# 6 21-10-2005 , 08:36 PM
This tutorial is great, learned a lot from it. Thnx Kurt.

# 7 21-10-2005 , 09:58 PM
Glad to hear you learned a lot from it=)

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 8 21-10-2005 , 11:37 PM
Subscriber
Im on Part 5 of the haunted house one right now, going great, doing the pyro man tut at work when im not working on real work :attn:

# 9 23-10-2005 , 06:03 PM
Subscriber
heh i did that at work... and my boss caught me and remotely logged me off user added image
Be careful if one is lurking around the corner!

3D Modeler and Texture Painter (Learning)
"We have limits.... our imagination does not"

Final Year: University of Bradford (Worst place to live and study in the UK!!)
# 10 24-10-2005 , 01:49 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by cung
heh i did that at work... and my boss caught me and remotely logged me off user added image
Be careful if one is lurking around the corner!

Thx for looking out, but my work is cool with me working on my own projects or samples when we have no work in house user added image

# 11 23-12-2005 , 06:18 PM
Subscriber
I have had two minor issues with this tutorial so far:

1.) I had been working on the tutorial with Maya 6 PLE and then installed Maya 7 PLE and I noticed something strange with the house reference image. In version 6 it displayed fine but in version 7 it is skewed by 1 pixel to the right on each line of the image so that the whole image slants to the left. Has anyone ever seen this? Should I just try converting the image to another format and try creating a new texture and reapplying?

2.) I noticed that in part 4 a new image is used for a house reference but it's not included in any of the zip files. Can you point me to where the image is hiding or could you send me a copy of it? I suppose it's not absolutely necessary since I can just use the tutorial video as my reference but I do kind of like to have the reference image in the scene.

Thanks,
Scott.

# 12 25-12-2005 , 11:02 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by scotchee
I have had two minor issues with this tutorial so far:

1.) I had been working on the tutorial with Maya 6 PLE and then installed Maya 7 PLE and I noticed something strange with the house reference image. In version 6 it displayed fine but in version 7 it is skewed by 1 pixel to the right on each line of the image so that the whole image slants to the left. Has anyone ever seen this? Should I just try converting the image to another format and try creating a new texture and reapplying?

I have Scott. Somebody else had the same problem, including myself. I've put a post Here . Its helped me to straighten my planes out. If anyone else finds another method then I'd be glad to hear it!

# 13 26-12-2005 , 10:54 PM
Subscriber
Bingo! Thanks Keith - that did it. Problem 1 solved.

Does anyone else have any ideas about the missing image?

Thanks a bunch,

Scott.

# 14 01-01-2006 , 09:46 PM
A Great tut!

i have 2 problemes...

Software: Maya 7.0

1:I the end of Part 3, you setup all the light... But when i choose a light on only get one Point i can move around... So i can Choose where the light should be and what direction the light are going to head....

2: When i Render sometimes i get small white spots on my Rendered image... Somethin i can do? Beside jump on my Laptop :attn:

# 15 15-01-2006 , 10:29 PM
Subscriber

Haunted House

Sorry to make this a negative post, but I bought the DVD version of this tut and after waiting for what seemed like an eternity it finally showed up (despite the representation that there is a US distrubtion point for US customers everything seems to come from the UK and it takes forever to get here...at least to the remote corner of the globe known as California). In any event, my DVD has a damaged part #4 (no sound). A run through DIV Doctor confirmed that the file is damaged. So, at the minor expense of 2 points I downloaded Part 4 from the site expecting to find the second reference image (which is missing from the DVD) in addition to a file that played correctly. File plays fine, but no reference image. An earlier reply to a post here said the file could be found in Part 0...really? I only get the first reference image. Am I missing something?
Ron