Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 10-11-2002 , 03:54 PM

WarCraft 3000

I don't know if anyone has heard of the mod for Warcraft III called WarCraft 3000 but there is one in the making. A couple of weeks ago I decided to join the team. And one of the things I made was the logo and title animation. Tell me what you think.

mahalo,

Myk

<a href="https://www.metic.net" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="_blank">www.metic.net</a><br />
# 2 10-11-2002 , 05:04 PM
The idea is nice but the end result is a bit messy. Maybe use some different color(s) on the background text?

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 3 10-11-2002 , 05:09 PM
Supreme Being
i agree with k-man.. nice idea but, just doesn't really stick at the end..
keep it up!

# 4 14-11-2002 , 12:06 AM
I think it can work with some more tweaking. First off I would tweak the tangents of the '000', so they would be hammering the 'III' more. Also add some more contrast between fg/bg.

hope this can help a bit.

/ ctrl-z
# 5 15-11-2002 , 10:29 AM
man... big mistake... u forgot to parent the texture box to the object, u can se the texture standing still while the object moves, not cool

# 6 15-11-2002 , 04:18 PM

Originally posted by undo
I think it can work with some more tweaking. First off I would tweak the tangents of the '000', so they would be hammering the 'III' more. Also add some more contrast between fg/bg.

hope this can help a bit.

How can I do that?

mahalo,

Myk

<a href="https://www.metic.net" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="_blank">www.metic.net</a><br />
# 7 17-11-2002 , 01:00 AM
I changed it a bit. I changed the 3000 to a silver and parented the texture. Tell me what you think.

mahalo,

Myk

# 8 17-11-2002 , 09:46 AM
Its looking better, but its a little too dark, you may want to make Warcraft a bit more highlighted by perhaps linking a light to it, Also, shadows and a bit of bump maps on the Text would do you some good. Add some atmosphere to the text, even if it is just a black background, it looks like you are going with the good ol Metal letters that Blizzard Seems to like.

The Warcraft needs to be highligthed some how... make it stand out from the background, If it cast shadows on the 3000 (light on the shadows, excuse the pun user added image. It might highlight it a bit more... It all just looks too sterile, but beleive me i dont even know how to do animation so you have me beat on that bit user added image. Just thought id give you my professional critique, even if i still am a newbie.

Cheers Mate,
Imperator