Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 10-04-2008 , 10:20 AM
Subscriber

Importing Syntheyes tracking and image planes

Hi,

I want to import a Syntheyes track into Maya and place the footage in the background so that it lines up with the tracker camera. I imported the tracking ".ma" scene into Maya (8.5), and now I want to place the footage in the scene so that it fills the camera view and lines up with the trackers. Can someone help me with placing the background footage?

Thanks in advance.

# 2 10-04-2008 , 11:10 AM
Not sure if I understand you correctly, but I'll try...

In the viewport for the tracker camera, select View > image plane > import image. place your footage as an image sequence on this image plane.

# 3 10-04-2008 , 12:25 PM
Subscriber
OK, now I have the image sequence showing. But, when I try to play in the viewport, frame by frame, I get a 'red' error readout saying that it was unable to load it. What am I missing?

# 4 10-04-2008 , 12:58 PM
Subscriber
Ok, I had to rename the image sequence frames to include periods in the naming convention (".###.jpg") for Maya to "see" the sequence.

OK, I'm new to this image plane world. Now I've inserted a Cube to place it in the scene and am trying to place that in Camera view, to no avail.

Now I realized that the background image sequence no longer shows after frame one, and I still cannot see cube.

Last edited by maya4todd; 10-04-2008 at 01:41 PM.
# 5 10-04-2008 , 01:38 PM
In the viewport for your tracking camera, go to View > Select Camera. then in the perspective view (these should not be the same camera), hit f to focus. this shows you where your camera is. you should now be able to create objects and place them in front of this camera in the perspective viewport.