Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 19-08-2003 , 11:18 AM

Rendering engines

Ok this has me perplexed. I have Maya 5.0 installed and been using it for a while now. Now at the start, Im sure I used a rendering engine (instead of maya software or hardware) that let me render the wireframe of the model, but now I cant get that option. In addition I hear alot of people talking about metalray and how it comes with maya5.0 already, yet Ive not got that either, even if I did have it in the first place.

Am I just mistaken and I should have another other options other than software and hardware?

Am I right and Im missing a few options?

Is there a simple clicking way to get them back?

Do I need to re-install maya to fix it?

Help me peoples! I need to render something in wireframe and cant for the life of me work out how to do it.

# 2 19-08-2003 , 12:11 PM
allo. if you right click in the timeline, you get an option called 'Playblast'. That takes screenshots of your viewport over the length of the timeline. If you select the option box next to it, you can change the settings (ie export format, size, length etc.) Just make sure you're viewing you models in wireframe though.....

# 3 19-08-2003 , 12:14 PM
oh. and as for mental ray, if you goto window > settings/preferences > plugin_manager there should be a box called 'mtomr' or summink like that. check the load and autoload boxes and you should be able to select mental ray in you r render globals.

# 4 19-08-2003 , 02:03 PM
Yes thankyou. It was me pluggin manager. Id unclicked the boxes that autoloads the mentalray and vector rendering. I can now do my wireframe render now.